Due to the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic the advice office is temporarily closed until further notice. We are asking everyone to access our service either online or by telephone. We are aiming to respond within 24 hours.
We are continuing to support those who are rough sleeping. You can continue to report rough sleeping to the contact email or telephone numbers.
The Housing Options Team operates a telephone advice service as well as a Drop-in at the Civic Hall in Barnsley Town Centre.
The Team can provide advice, help and support for anyone who is homeless, could become homeless in the near future or has a housing problem they need to resolve.
If you are sleeping rough or are concerned about someone who is, you can make a referral to the council either by contacting the housing options team or via the StreetLink website. http://www.streetlink.org.uk/ Attempts will be made to contact and support all rough sleepers.
Advice is also available in a range of areas including:
- Advise in relation to a range of housing issues such as disrepair, ending a tenancy, affordability etc.
- Advise on your rights as a tenant or owner occupier
- Exploring options to prevent you having to leave your home
- Advise on paying for your home, including signposting to benefits/money advice
- Advise on options that are available locally and how to access housing, including council housing, private rented accommodation, housing association, supported accommodation, including hostels and refuges.
- Advice and referrals into other local agencies offering wider support around things like mental health substance misuse, debt and arrears and health needs.
If you are already homeless or about to be, you will undergo a housing assessment to see if the Council can help you find somewhere to live.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10am - 5pm (excludes Bank holidays)
Wednesday 10.30am - 5pm
Friday 10am - 4.30am
Contact name: The Homelessness and Housing Options Team
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 01226 773870
Mobile number:freephone 0808 196 3530
The Civic Hall, Eldon Street, Barnsley, S70 2JL
Published: 09 August 2019