PCR testing is available for people who have symptoms of COVID-19 and an appointment must be booked before visiting.
Local test sites between 3.30pm and 7pm every day
- Lower Courthouse car park, County Way, Barnsley, S70 2JW
- Dorothy Hyman Sports Centre car park, Cudworth, S72 8LH;
- Summer Lane car park, Wombwell, S73 0DD
Lateral Flow testing kits can be obtained by visiting gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests for more information and can also be collected from
- Local pharmacies
- School and colleges
People can get a test if they are concerned in any way.
Testing is also available at various venues in Sheffield, Rotherham and Doncaster, visit the NHS website for further details and bookings.
To make the process as smooth as possible, a booking process is in now in place and can be carried out as follows:
- The easiest way is to book online in advance nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119
- On the day via people’s smartphone. Staff will be on hand to help people with this while they wait for a test.
Please note that advance bookings can only be made from 6pm the night before.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are: a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. Most people with coronavirus have at least one of these symptoms.
County Way is open seven days a week 8am - 8pm
Contact name: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Phone number: 119
County Way S70 2JW
Dorothy Hyman Sports Centre car park, Cudworth, S72 8LH;
Summer Lane car park, Wombwell, S73 0DD
Published: 21 July 2020