Our volunteers are AMAZING as they continue to offer support by telephone, virtual visits and face-to-face contact
All our volunteers, Peer Supporters are trained and receive ongoing training, mentoring and supervision throughout their involvement with Family Lives Support Service for New Mums.
We have volunteers ready to match to families.
We are continuing to offer volunteering opportunities and will be delivering further training later in November 20.
If you or anyone you know is interested in volunteering, please signpost to contact me.
We're on the look out for volunteers who can commit 2-3 hours a week for a year to support a new mum who is finding things difficult.
We will support you in your volunteer role and offer:
- Satisfaction in making a real difference to new mums and their families who are struggling.
- An opportunity to develop experience for work and training courses.
- Experience of working in a professional, friendly team and meeting new people.
- Structured personal development and skills training.
- Full supervision and support.
- Travel and refreshments expenses and flexible hours.
See below attached a video for New Parents in Barnsley.
Contact Lesley Brewin at the Support Service for more information on how to become a volunteer.
DocumentsNew Parents Barnsley. Promo Video. June 21
Contact name: Lesley Brewin
Email address: Lesleyb@familylives.org.uk
Phone number: 07971 253308
Barnsley Central Area, Kingstone, Dodworth, Stairfoot, Worsbrough and Central
Published: 11 November 2019