Who we are
Inclusion North exists to make inclusion a reality for all people with a learning disability or autism and their families. Inclusion means everyone living good lives as valued members of society. We work to change society so that everybody can have a good life. We raise awareness of barriers to inclusion for people with a learning disability or autism and their families, and work to remove them.
- We value everyone equally
- Everyone should have opportunities to live the life they choose
- Everyone has the right to choice and control in their life
- We speak up when this doesn't happen
Inclusion for all
- We include everyone with a learning disability or autism
What we do, where and who with
Inclusion North exists to make inclusion a reality for all people with a learning disability or autism and their families. We are a regional organisation working across the North East, Yorkshire and Humber.
Local areas in the North East and Yorkshire and Humber join Inclusion North as members. We work with them on local projects to increase inclusion. We work on projects with organisations to help them make inclusion a reality for people with a learning disability or autism and their families. We employ people with a learning disability or autism and family carers as Experts with lived experience in our Expert Hub.
Please see below any updates in an easy to read format.
How to work with us
It is easy to work with us, whether you are a Member wanting to book an Expert or an organisation looking for support around inclusion. Members buy an annual subscription . This enables areas to design work to address local priorities.
Experts with lived experience can be booked for different types of work. There is a set hourly rate and member areas receive a discount on our fee. Organisations who want support around making inclusion a reality, can talk to us about designing their project. We will work closely with you to be clear about what you want to achieve and the best way to do this. We will provide a quote for the work and connect you to the best team member to support you.
We are a values-led organisation. We believe in equality, rights, justice and inclusion for all. this is how we put that into practice.
We think differently and do things creatively
- We try new ideas and share what we learn
- We listen to problems and try to find solutions
We work with people, families, organisations and our communities
- We bring people together to find solutions, because we are stronger when we work together
- We support people to make change happen
We challenge things we think are wrong and help find solutions
- We encourage people to think and act differently to remove the barriers to inclusion
- We act as a critical friend - this means saying something is wrong, and helping to make things better
We speak up for what we believe in
- We talk about issues that affect people's lives
- We are passionate, strong and brave.
If you would like to know more about Inclusion North, membership and Expert Hub, please visit our website.
DocumentsInclusion North Covid News Update 21.2.2022
Contact name: Inclusion North
Email address: email@example.com
North East Yorkshire and Humber
Published: 10 November 2020