All our staff wear full PPE and are adhering to all guidelines to ensure everyone's safety.
We specialise in providing a complete mobile optical service for individuals who can't get to a high street optician unaccompanied. A FREE NHS Sight test in your own home is available from your local home visiting Optician.
Mobile Opticians are here to help people who are unable to visit a high street optician unaccompanied and is one of the following:
- Aged over 60
- Under 16 or under 19 and in full time education
- Suffering from Diabetes or Glaucoma
- Considered by an ophthalmologist to be at risk of Glaucoma
- Over 40 with a direct relative who suffers from Glaucoma
- Have a prescription for complex lens
In receipt of the following benefits or credits:
- Guarantee Pension Credit
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Named on a NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
- Chid Tax Credits and named on a tax credit NHS exemption certificate
- Working Tax Credit and named on a tax credit NHS exemption certificate.
We offer a full sight and eye health check including Glaucoma check. We have large range of spectacle frames to choose from and we also offer a free aftercare service. All of our opticians are CRB checked and registered with the General Optical Council. One of our main aims is to prevent falls and sight loss and try to allow individuals to maintain their independence.
Our opticians have experience in dealing with individuals with special needs. We can tailor our services to meet the varying needs of the elderly as well as the physically and mentally disabled. We have a range of tests available to use, including picture charts for individuals unable to read.
Please contact us to book a sight test or for further information.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Customer Service
Phone number: 0800 043 42 61
Available throughout Barnsley, Rotherham, Sheffield and Doncaster, S75
Cost: FREE (no call out fees)
Published: 09 August 2019