Are you fed up of visiting opticians and being passed from one person to another? Have you had enough of the “conveyor-belt” approach whereby you are fed through the system the same as the person before you and the next one after?
At Norwood and Perrin we put you first. We believe in high standards of care and we strive to tailor the experience to each person's individual needs.
Norwood & Perrin is Barnsley's longest-established independent opticians. Originally founded on the principle of a professional approach with a high level of care the priority. This principle remains unchanged. We do not believe in “free sight tests” and “2-for-1 offers”, which we consider to be often misleading. What we do offer are high quality products and professional eye care.
We use state of the art ophthalmic instrumentation including a “no puff” eye pressure test, a digital retinal camera to photograph the back surface of the eye and a corneal topographer, which maps the front surface of the eye for accurate contact lens fitting.
- Thorough, professional eye examinations for both private and NHS patients
- Wide range of designer frames, handmade acetates and traditional frames
- Best advice on which lenses are most suitable for you
- Home visits to the housebound
- Contact lens specialism with free trial lenses available, including multi-focals
- Dry eye assessment.
We stock a wide range of products and give expert advice
- Vitamin supplements for Age Related Macular Degeneration and prompt spectacle repairs.
- We participate in the NHS funded PEARS scheme, which allows us to assess and treat certain minor eye conditions.
- If you suffer from irritable eyes, sore eyes, running eyes, red eyes, eye or eyelid infections, ingrowing eyelashes, foreign bodies in the eye, sudden loss of quality of vision or any other eye problem such as flashes or floaters, we are here to help you, with an early appointment.
Phone or call into the practice to book an appointment.
Monday - Friday 9am - 5.15pm
Contact name: Norwood & Perrin Opticians
Email address: email@example.com
Role: Customer Service
Phone number: 01226 206033
Address: 8 - 10 Eldon Arcade, Barnsley, S70 2JP,
8 - 10 Eldon Arcade, Barnsley, S70 2JP
Cost: Some services are available free under the NHS
Published: 09 August 2019