Dementia Well-Being Day Care is a day care service with a range of facilities and services relevant to the needs of people with dementia and early onset dementia. It is designed to provide a friendly place for people with dementia to socialise and take part in a planned programme of social activities to provide entertainment, stimulation and aid rehabilitation.
The aim of the service is to:
- Provide a safe, supportive and structured environment where the individual needs of clients will be met and independence encouraged.
- Provide appropriate stimulation that will improve and sustain a quality of life that promotes dignity and encourages clients to achieve their maximum potential.
- Put emphasis on client's individual preferences in relation to leisure activities and a planned programme of activities that will build on existing skills and the learning of new skills.
- Provide support for elders with dementia that requires the support that can be provided in our well-being day centre setting. Clients will be assessed, supported and cared for depending on their capabilities and merits and this is done through the use of care planning with the care team.
- Offer recreational and occupational therapies that are specific to the individual and dependent on their circumstances at any given time.
- Ensure the rights, choices, privacy and dignity of clients are respected, whilst promoting independence and inclusion in the mainstream life of the community.
- Ensure the service develops in response to the wishes of clients in order to meet their needs effectively.
In addition, our staff can give practical support and advice to make day-to-day life easier and give peace of mind to you, your family and carers.
Contact name: Care 2 Care
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 01226 705957
Address: Head Office Westbourne House 42-44 Dykes Hall Road Sheffield S6 4GQ
Priory Campus, Pontefract Rd, Barnsley S71 5PN
Provides Respite Services
Published: 09 August 2019