We’re here to improve the lives of former coal miners and their families. We understand the struggles faced by those in former coal mining communities. We help you overcome some of the barriers you come up against and support you to lead a better quality life.
Our free and confidential service is available to former mineworkers, partners, widows and any dependent children or adult dependents with a disability.
Our service includes;
- Assistance with welfare benefit applications and industry related compensation schemes.
- Advice on mining related issues including illness and disability.
- Help to access mobility equipment including walking aids and wheelchairs.
- Support to reduce loneliness and social isolation.
- Advocacy to enable you to express your views and concerns, and defend and promote your rights, including access to information and services.
- Emotional support including loss and bereavement, illness and caring responsibilities.
- Financial assistance at times of exceptional hardship through CISWO grants or assistance through other agencies and charities.
- Access to holidays and convalescence.
- Access to CISWO educational grants for former mineworkers and their dependents. Our support is available to former mineworkers, partners, widows and any dependent children or adult dependents with a disability.
Please visit our website or contact us for help or more information.
Contact name: CISWO
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 01709 728115
THORNYCROFT CENTRE, HALFPENNY LANE, PONTEFRACT, WF8 4AY
Published: 17 June 2020