There are 47 acres of Barnsley’s Locke Park only a mile from Barnsley’s town centre, with gardens, trees and open grass areas, an historic tower, bowling greens, games and play areas, and a café.
Friends of Locke Park are a volunteer group working together to improve the facilities in the Park and to engage with all the community in events and participation. We are involved in a range of projects and activities:
- Gardening (weather dependent)
- Helping at Events (7 events per year)
- Car Boots Sales (3 events per year)
- Opening of Locke Park Tower to visitors
- Biodiversity, ensuring the maintenance and improvement of our wide range of plants and wildlife
We currently have the Black Heart Rollers using the park.
All groups are welcome.
Locke Park Tower is open to visitors on the first Sunday of every Month 2pm - 4pm.
Park Run and Junior Park Run is on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
The Friends meet every first Tuesday of the month from 6pm - 8pm in the Café,
Contact name: David Allen
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 07703 403442
Locke Park, Park Road, Barnsley, S70 1YG
Published: 09 August 2019