If you or someone you know is missing the joy of regular conversation, we can help. With our partner charity Age UK, we offer a free telephone friendship service for people aged 60 and over who'd like to talk to someone on a regular basis.
The service has helped create thousands of new friendships, and many people say their calls are the highlight of their week. you don't need to be feeling lonely (though if you are, we'd like to help), and you don't have to live on your own. sometimes it's just nice to talk.
How the telephone friendship service works
The telephone friendship service is an easy and safe way to meet a new friend, all from the comfort of your own home. We'll do all the hard work for you!
- you tell us a little about yourself and your interests
- We match you with a friendly volunteer for a weekly chat over the phone at a time that's convenient for you.
- It's over to you to start chatting!
Who's the telephone friendship service for?
The telephone friendship service is perfect for you if you're:
- over 60
- have your own direct telephone number (landline or mobile)
- are able to hear and understand over the phone
- can commit to talking to someone at the same time every week.
How do I sign up?
To find out more about the telephone friendship service and to sign up, visit the Age UK website telephone friendship service page.
Contact name: The Silver Line Team
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 0800 4 70 80 90
Eligibility: Over 60 years old.
Published: 09 August 2019