Cygnet Oaks is a 35 bed hospital specialising in mental health rehabilitation for men. It provides state-of-the-art facilities and a multi-disciplinary treatment programme designed to assist service users with their return to independent living.
Cygnet Oaks is made up of two units and has dedicated occupational therapy space in both, including a gymnasium, music room, specialist arts and crafts rooms, library and internet cafe. It also has three dedicated therapy kitchens to help with the development of service users’ daily living skills. All bedrooms have en-suite wet rooms with attractive views across the surrounding area and there are extensive grounds for service users to enjoy as an aid to their rehabilitation.
Barnsley town centre is a short walk or bus ride away, giving service users access to the many facilities in the local community. To promote social inclusion we have developed pathways linking the service user’s short term goals in care plans with activities in the mainstream services of the local communities.
We offer links with the Barnsley Community to experience job placements, volunteer work and courses in a graded and supportive manner also support our service users’ return to work, if it is the choice of the service users to do so.
Our service user profile:
- Men aged 18+
- Detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) or informal
- Primary diagnosis of mental illness with:
- Complex comorbidities
- Substance, drug and alcohol abuse
- Treatment resistance
- Behaviours that challenge
- Aiming for a return to the community or community-based care
- History of sexual abuse or domestic violence
- Typical diagnoses: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar affective disorder or depression
- May have secondary diagnoses of mild learning disability, autism spectrum disorder or personality disorder
- May have a forensic history and/or be stepping down from secure services
- May have a history of repeated acute admissions
For more information, please contact us.
CQC Service Type: Rehabilitation (illness/injury)
CQC Specialism: Assessment or medical treatment for persons detained under the 1983 Act, Caring for people whose rights are restricted under the Mental Health Act, Mental health conditions, Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
Contact name: Cygnet Oaks
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 01226 729 740
Address: Upper Sheffield Road, Barnsley, S70 4PX
Upper Sheffield Road, Barnsley, S70 4PX
Eligibility: This is a men only unit.
Published: 09 August 2019