Healthwatch Barnsley is the independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the views of the public. We are here to make health and social care better for local people.
Who We Are
You can make a difference just by talking to us!
We listen to your views about your treatment and care and use our influence to do something about it when things have gone wrong for you.
We do this by making your views known to the people that provide these services. In doing so, services can be improved to better reflect the needs of local people. This also works in a similar way when services have worked well, by passing on information, it helps to ensure that good practice is maintained.
To summarise, we:
- Ask what you think of health and social care services locally
- Provide a communication route for you to suggest improvements to service providers
- Look into specific areas of concern that have been raised by the community
- Ask for information and obtain answers from health and social care service providers within a specified amount of time
- Suggest organisations that may help to provide further support to you
- Provide you with information and guidance relating to health and social care services
- Refer you to an advocacy service for support in making an official complaint about a health or social care provider.
You can also share your views anonymously on services on our feedback centre, which is part of our website.
The feedback centre asks you various questions on what you think about the quality of services you have used and asks you to give an overall 'star rating'.
Other members of the public will then be able to see this, and the information that you provide there will help other people to decide which services they'd like to use.
This works in a very similar way to other review sites and give you another way to let us know your views.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 01226 320106
Address: Priory Campus, Pontefract Road, Barnsley, S71 5PN
Priory Campus Barnsley, Pontefract Road, S71 5PN
Published: 09 August 2019