Parkinson's UK Barnsley & District Branch is the local source of help, support and advice for people with, or affected by, Parkinson's.
The branch offers:
- Monthly meetings and events: We provide a series of informative, interesting and varied monthly meetings and events suitable for all members.
- Newsletter: We publish a quarterly newsletter to keep members up-to-date with branch events and activities.
- Fundraising: We arrange and take part in fundraising events to raise sufficient funds for our activities and to fulfil our aims.
- Exercise: Exercise sessions are held every Monday at The Emmanuel Methodist Church.
You can self refer by contacting Bronia Warden of Healthy Bones for an assessment.
Telephone: 07895380615 or Email: Bronia@healthy-bones.co.uk
A Wii Fit Plus is also available for six-week periods, including set-up assistance.
- Help for Carers: A limited amount of care is provided by Crossroads Care, enabling carers to have some time off.
- Counselling: Confidential counselling is available to people with, or affected by, Parkinson’s. Please contact the Clinical Nurse specialist for further information.
- There are days out organised in the summer months.
Transport: Transport is available for members who have difficulty getting to and from monthly meetings (subject to available funds).
- Christmas: There’s a Christmas party in December, with entertainment.
However we do not discriminate and all these service are available to any resident of the borough of Barnsley with a clinical diagnosis of Parkinson's.
Please contact us for more information.
Our monthly meetings at the Emmanuel Church are held on the third Tuesday of each month starting at 2 00pm - 4pm.
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 01226 744670
Emmanuel Methodist Church, Huddersfield Rd, S75 1DT,
Published: 09 August 2019