Get Cheaper travel with the 16-18 travel passes. Available to all 16-18 year olds in South Yorkshire.
The Zoom 16-18 Travel Pass replaces the 16-18 Travel Pass and is available to anyone aged between 16 and 18 who lives in South Yorkshire. Anyone who has a 16-18 Travel Pass that has not expired does not need to apply for a new Zoom 16-18 Travel Pass as their existing pass will remain valid until its expiry date.
We have contacted 7,571 customers who have a MegaTravel Pass which expired on 31 July 20201, to encourage them to apply for a new Zoom 16-18 Travel Pass.
Further information on eligibility, the benefits of having a free Zoom 16-18 Travel Pass and how to apply are available at https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/Zoom1618.
All young people aged 16-18, living in South Yorkshire.
16-18 year olds can use the pass to travel anytime, anywhere in South Yorkshire for a single fare of 80p on bus or tram, and half fare on Northern trains.
Load discounted tickets for young people on to your pass
Valid for up to 2 years depending when you turn 18
Free of charge (first issue)
See our website for eligibility application dates
What You Will Need to Apply:
- A recent passport standard photo
- Proof of age, passport indicator - the 28 characters on the bottom line of your passport - Driving licence number - Birth certificate - NHS Medical card - NHS prescription or any other official letter that states your date of birth. (unfortunately we are unable to accept a letter confirming your national insurance number as it doesn't state your date of birth)
- Address - you must live in South Yorkshire, we aim to dispatch your pass within 11 days of receiving your completed online application.
Apply online, its easy!
- Set up a MyTSY account (if you don't already have one) at travelsouthyorkshire.com
- Log in and select Passes > Concessions > 16-18 Travel Pass.
- Complete personal details and upload proof documents
- Upload photo (view the full application guidance on our website on what kind of photo you need.)
- Check your order and go to checkout. Your pass is on its way!
If you are unable to apply online, you can obtain a paper application form from any Travel South Yorkshire Interchange. Completed application forms should include all the above information and be posted to; Contact Centre, SYPTE, 11 Broad Street West, Sheffield S1 2BQ.
Plan your Journey to College Just search for your college name in the from/to boxes on journey planner to check your quickest route. For more information on tickets and to plan your journey, visit travelsouthyorkshire.com/schoolbuses/
Across South Yorkshire
Published: 09 August 2019